In some circumstances a grant towards the costs of school clothing and footwear can be given if you receive certain benefits.
The current grant is £55 for primary school pupils and £60 for secondary school pupils. For pupils of statutory school age the grant is paid to parents; for pupils over statutory school age the grant is paid to the student.
You can apply for a school clothing grant if you or your family receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your annual income is less than £16,105
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and your annual income is less £6,420
- Universal Credit, and your monthly income is not more than £610
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction