Please see below for information from Aberdeen City Council regarding the upcoming Parent and Carer Focus Groups for the expansion of Early Learning and Childcare:
Aberdeen City Council –Expansion of Early Learning and Childcare in Aberdeen – Focus Group Events for Parents and Carers
Following our recent survey on the Expansion of Early Learning and Childcare (ELC) in Aberdeen, and in advance of the implementation of 1140 hours of funded ELC from August 2020, Aberdeen City Council Early Years Team have now organised a series of Focus Group Events for Parents and Carers.
Focus Groups will be held in Associated School Groups (ASGs) as follows:
Date ASG Venue for Focus Group
- Monday 20 January Aberdeen Grammar ASG Mile End Community Centre – Rooms 3 and 4
- Tuesday 21 January Hazlehead ASG Hazlehead Primary School – After School Club Room
- Wednesday 22 January Bucksburn and Dyce ASGs and Orchard Brae School Bucksburn Academy – Assembly Hall
- Monday 27 January Northfield ASG Manor Park School – Community Room
- Tuesday 28 January Bridge of Don and Oldmachar ASGs Bridge of Don Academy – Assembly Hall
- Wednesday 29 January St Machar ASG St Machar Academy – Assembly Hall
- Monday 3 February Lochside ASG Kirkhill Primary School – Main Hall
- Tuesday 4 February Harlaw ASG Kaimhill Primary School – Dining Hall
- Wednesday 5 February Cults ASG Cults Primary School – Dining Hall
Each Focus Group Event will start at 6.30pm and end at 8.00pm and will include:
- Welcome / Overview of Early Learning and Childcare (ELC) Expansion in Aberdeen / Survey Results
- Update on ELC Admissions (which will open from 27 January to 7 February)
- Outline of options and models of Early Learning and Childcare in each Associated School Group (ASG)
- What 1140 hours of Early Learning and Childcare may look like for you?
- Q&A – An opportunity to ask the Early Years Team questions, for example on funded entitlement, meals, opening and closing times etc.
Early Learning and Childcare Locality Lead Officers from each Associated School Group (ASG) will be present at their respective Focus Group Events. If you are unable to attend your local Focus Group Event you are more than welcome to attend another one.