Learning in the technologies enables pupils to:
- develop an understanding of the role and impact of technologies in changing and influencing societies
- contribute to building a better world by taking responsible, ethical actions to improve my life, the lives of others and the environment
- gain the confidence and skills to embrace and use technologies now and in the future, at home, at work and in the wider community
- become an informed consumer and producer who has an appreciation of the merits and impacts of products and services
- be capable of making reasoned choices relating to the environment, sustainable development and ethical, economic and cultural issues
- broaden understanding of the role that information and communications technology (ICT) has in Scotland and in the global community
- broaden awareness of how ideas in mathematics and science are used in engineering and the technologies
- experience work-related learning, and establish firm foundations for lifelong learning, and specialised study and careers.
We are currently looking to develop our delivery of technology. This will include our looking at resources being used in school, developing a policy and programme to support effective delivery of technology and broadening the experiences offered to our pupils.
technology can be taught either discreetly (only looking at the Experiences and Outcomes within technology) or in an interdisciplinary way.
More information available here https://education.gov.scot/Documents/Technologies-es-os.pdf