The pages contain helpful information and advice for parents.
Apply for a school clothing grant
We can, in some circumstances, provide a grant towards the costs of school clothing and footwear if you receive certain benefits.
The current grant is £100 for both primary school and secondary school pupils. For pupils of statutory school age the grant is paid to parents; for pupils over statutory school age the grant is paid to the student.
You can apply for a school clothing grant if you or your family receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your annual income is less than £16,105
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and your annual income is less £6,420
- Universal Credit, and your monthly income is not more than £610
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction
You can only apply for children attending school or about to enter Primary 1. If you are an eligible student who receives an Education Maintenance Allowance you can apply for a school clothing grant for yourself.
Link to ACC page for school clothing grant below:
School Clothing Grants
Aberdeen City Council
Business Hub 13
Second Floor North